Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:31:58 -0400
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange phenomen accessing a CDROM contents under linuxerator

Jun Kuriyama wrote:

> At 11 Apr 2000 22:58:14 GMT,
> Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com> wrote:
> > > FreeBSD is -current, Linux is linux_base and linux_devel from ports.
> >
> > Do you see this on other filesystems as well?
> >
> > BTW: How old are your linux_base and linux_devtools ports?
>
> I got this behavior with Oracle8 CD-ROM.  Can I help with this
> problem?

If you have a bit more time than I, sure!

At this time I know that the linux_getdents syscall is broken; it's not
related to versions of Linux libraries. My first hunch is that there
maybe something wrong with the cookies; either the use of the cookies is
wrong, or the lack of cookies may be causing problems. I base this on
the fact that the syscall works ok for FFS, but fails for any other FS
(AFAICT, of course).

If you find anything new or can acknowledge or counter the above, then
you make a lot of people happy (including me :-)

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org