Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 17:37:57 -0400
From:      David Hill <david@phobia.ms>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   adduser login class bug

Hello -
I added a login class to my /etc/login.conf and then ran cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf

test:\
	:passwd_format=blf:

I then proceeded to add a user.  When it came to login class, i put in test.  After the adduser script was done, i looked in /etc/master.passwd, and the password was encrypted with des.  I then ran passwd user, and changed his password.  This changed it to blowfish.

So, does adduser need to check for the passwd_format in /etc/login.conf and run something like crypt_set_format() ?

Thanks
- David