Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 1997 09:06:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
Cc:        Majordomo-Owner@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Majordomo results: help

Randall Hopper wrote:

>      How can I request the freebsd.org list server send me the last day or
> half day of posts to a specific FreeBSD list (or can I)?  In particular,
> the last half day of freebsd-multimedia list posts.
>
>      (My ISP had a temporary half-day downage last night and I missed some
> follow-ups to messages I'd posted.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randall Hopper
>
> BTW I did try "index freebsd-multimedia" but there aren't any files
> available.  Maybe this would be a way to serve up past posts for our lists.

	the multimedia list does not have a digest version
	therefore majordomo does not have an index for multimedia
	but all is not lost!

	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/mailing-lists/archive/

	all mail to the lists since sunday midnight is there.
	previous weeks' mail in
	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/mailing-lists/archive/1997

	previous years' in 1996,1995,1994

	files are named for the first day's mail in the file:
	19970928.freebsd-multimedia for instance.
jmb