Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:36:39 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unknown Devices

In message <200006221923.MAA00872@mass.osd.bsdi.com> Mike Smith writes:
: > In message <200006051523.IAA17373@mass.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
: > : Watch out - some USB modems are also WinModems.
: >
: > usb tty and modems aren't supported, as far as I know.
:
: They're "nearly" there, AFAIR.  I sent Nick some code a while back that
: addressed the last problem I understood he had.

I'll have to ask him about it then.

: You pull them apart and look at the chipset inside.  There are a number
: of chipsets from eg. ST that take an isochronous audio stream.

Yuck.  Where's that air sickness bag...

Warner