Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:22:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        kmays <kmays@email.msn.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use 4.0-STABLE or 5.0-CURRENT?

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <00ad01bfe180$8ca74860$b8f11e3f@KenMays> "kmays" writes:
> : Question #1: Should be use v4.0-STABLE for production and
> : 5.0-20000625-CURRENT for new development/testing??
>
> Yes.  -current is about to get ugly soon.  June 25 is as good/bad as
> anything.

..but since you're a new user, you shouldn't use -current. You're expected
to know what you're doing and how to repair your own system when it goes
bad. Sorry to be blunt, but newbies aren't welcome in -current, for their
own safety and our sanity :-)

Stick to 4.0-release or -stable and enjoy :-)

Kris