Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:26:29 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        ahze@ahze.net
Cc:        lopisaur@gmail.com, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome-settings-daemon 2.14.1 isn't starting

--=-fLz0zGOY96gYcEow99X7

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 22:30 -0400, michael johnson wrote:
>=20
>=20
> On 4/28/06, Christian Lopez de Castilla Wagner <lopisaur@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         > On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 15:55 -0700, Pascal Hofstee wrote:
>         > > On 4/12/06, Yuri Pankov <yuri.pankov@gmail.com> wrote:
>         > > >
>         > > > Good day.=20
>         > > >
>         > > > I've a problem with gnome-settings-daemon
>         (gnomecontrolcenter2 2.14.1)
>         > > > not starting.
>         > > > Running FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT/amd64.
>         > > > I don't know what kind of info would be useful, so
>         here's backtrace:=20
>         > >
>         > >
>         > > For a while now (ever since the gstreamer update from 0.8
>         to 0.10) ...
>         > > gnome-settings-daemon crashes upon startup in the function
>         > > acme_volume_gstreamer_open():=20
>         > > gnome-settings-daemon/actions/acme-volume-gstreamer.c:299
>         >
>         > This has now been fixed.
>         >
>         > Joe
>         >
>         > --
>         > PGP Key : http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc
>        =20
>         Sorry to revive this old subject, but this is exactly the same
>         problem I've been having since Apr. 26.
>         I spent the last two days recompiling EVERYTHING even remotely
>         related to Gnome, to no avail.
>         I'm running:=20
>         root@hellion# uname -a
>         FreeBSD hellion.clcw 6.1-RC FreeBSD 6.1-RC #0: Sun Apr 16
>         12:09:39 BOT 2006
>         root@hellion.clcw:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/20051212  i386
>        =20
>         I did a new cvsup this afternoon and recompiled
>         (again... :-( ), just to get the same result.=20
>         As it stands now, nearly everything is working, but I have no
>         desktop. The panel is working, but if I try to add
>         the volume control applet, I get "The panel encountered a
>         problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_MixerApplet"."=20
>         (Which I could live with for a while), but I can't start
>         anything related to Nautilus, which I believe is somehow
>         related to the whole issue.
>         Anyone have any ideas?
>         What information do you need?
>=20
> I get the same thing on sparc64.

There are three issues described in this email:

1. gnome-settings-daemon crashes in acme_volume_gstreamer_open().  This
was fixed.

2. The mixer apple fails to add to the panel.  I have not seen any debug
output or a backtrace for this problem, so I don't know what is causing
it.

3. Nautilus cannot start.  Same as item 2.

Which problem are you seeing, ahze?  Please provide backtraces.

Joe

>=20
--=20

--=-fLz0zGOY96gYcEow99X7