Date:      Tue, 03 Mar 1998 14:26:50 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-RELEASE?

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I think it depends.  Do you want to get money into the hands of FreeBSD
> > people or into the hands of Walnut Creek?  (Not to knock Walnut Creek.)
> > I'm wondering if my $40 subscription would be better spent mailed in as a
> > donation.  If they buy $1500 in CD's, the FreeBSD project will get some
> > small fraction of that compared to buying *one* CD subscription and paying
> > the big bucks for it.
>
> I think the real question we need to answer here is:
>
>         Would people be willing to subscribe to a *different*
>         subscription plan where a donation to FreeBSD, Inc was
>         already factored in?

I think that this is a better idea because thte cost of the visa
transaction is already factored into the cost of the cdrom.
I think that an option to donate some extra directly to the freebsd.org
when you buy a cdrom would be a very easy way of allowing
people to donate.. I don't know that it should be limited to
subscriptions.