Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:50:04 GMT
From:      Dan Lukes <dan@obluda.cz>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/140435: ls(1), section STANDARD: the -A is exception from POSIX also

The following reply was made to PR docs/140435; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dan Lukes <dan@obluda.cz>
To: Jaakko Heinonen <jh@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: docs/140435: ls(1), section STANDARD: the -A is exception from
 POSIX also
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:47:33 +0100

 In the fact, I prefer conformance declarations with extensions like the
 one used in pax or expr manual pages against declaration with exception
 used in ls page.

 Eg. something like:

 The ls utility is a superset of the IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1'').
 The options -n and -A conforms to the IEEE Std 1003.1-2008.
 The options -I, -g, -o are FreeBSD's extension.

 But it's up to comitter.

 					Dan