Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 14:42:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        mango@communique.net (Raul Zighelboim)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best Ethernet Card / Best Drivers for ?

> We are building a server for the office.
> We want to make this server as solid as possible.
>
> So, the question is:
>
> 	What is the best supported Ethernet Card for FreeBSD 2.1.5 ?

Do you want PCI, VLB, EISA, or ISA?

Do you want 10Mbps or 100Mbps?

Do you want 10base2, 10baseT, AUI, 100baseXX?

If you are building a system from scratch, I suspect that your best
option is to go PCI, and get a DEC 21x40 based card.

I personally like the Kingston 10baseT cards because they're like $50.
The SMC EtherPower 10/100's are pretty cool too, but are more like $150.

... JG