Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 2009 18:08:24 -0500
From:      Alex <alex323@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   NDIS problem on 8.0-RELEASE

--Sig_/ALC5mJGK/tXQ+_fS=J1d5Pf

Hello. I have been using wireless drivers generated from ndisgen on 7.2
quite successfully. I installed 8.0-RELEASE, recompiled the driver, and
sadly wireless is not functioning:

orion# wpa_supplicant -dd -Dndis -i ndis0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
Initializing interface (2) 'ndis0'
NDIS: Packet.dll version: FreeBSD WinPcap compatibility shim v1.0
NDIS: 1 adapter names found
NDIS: 0 -  - dummy description
NDIS: Could not find interface 'ndis0'
Failed to initialize driver interface
Failed to add interface ndis0
Cancelling scan request
Cancelling authentication timeout
orion# ifconfig ndis0
ndis0: flags=3D8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 2290
	ether 00:24:2c:e7:2d:fd
	media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect (autoselect)
	status: no carrier

Does anyone know what is wrong? I wouldn't have expected an upgrade to
break previous functionality.

--=20
Alex

--Sig_/ALC5mJGK/tXQ+_fS=J1d5Pf