Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:29:54 +0900
From:      neckpain@nettaxi.com
To:        takawata@shidahara1.planet.sci.kobe-u.ac.jp
Cc:        acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP]:ACPI S2-S4BIOS code was commited.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 03:19:25PM +0900, Takanori Watanabe wrote:
> I now commited ACPI S2-S4BIOS code.
> In some machine, there are problem after resume.
> For example, keyboard will not work.
> (Keyboard reset required in DEVICE_RESUME method.)
> But it worked.

After this commit, acpiconf -s3 works on my VAIO(PCG-C1XE). thanks.
However, after the second S3 sleep it never wakes up.

The first S3 sleep:
 - Type 'acpiconf -s3' as root.
 - The fan turn off, and the power led becomes amber and blinking.
 - Hitting keys or jogdial resume the machine.

The second S3 sleep:
 - Type 'acpiconf -s3' as root.
 - The fan turn off, and the power led becomes amber and blinking.
 - Hitting keys or jogdial turns off the power led(!)
 - Even pressing the power button doesn't boot it. The only way to
    reboot it is to remove any power source and put it back again.

In addition, it also doesn't resume from S1 after resuming from S3;
the power led changes color from amber into green, but the screen
remains blank and the keyboard doesn't respond.

Any ideas how to investigate this?