Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:31:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joe barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kern/36147: bogus irq 7 message being issued

>Number:         36147
>Category:       kern
>Synopsis:       bogus irq 7 message being issued
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
/kernel: stray irq 7
/kernel: stray irq 7
 last message repeated 4 times
/kernel: too many stray irq 7's; not logging any

This has nothing to do with the printer.
I have the printer and it’s irq disabled in the pc bios and
removed from the kernel and I still get it. It comes out
when either an external or internal modem is used. This has
been around for many many years and makes FBSD look like an
inferior operating system. There has been more that enough
time to correct this bogus message. Just because it causes no
outward errors is not an acceptable reason to let it continue
year after year and release after release. Sure would like to see
it corrected in 5.0 when it comes out.