Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 2003 08:00:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jon Passki <cykyc@yahoo.com>
To:        Lewis Thompson <purple@lewiz.net>, Sergey Matveychuk <sem@ciam.ru>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pam_krb5 port question

--- Lewis Thompson <purple@lewiz.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 03:07:17AM +0400, Sergey Matveychuk
> wrote:
> > Jon Passki wrote:
> > >Is there any reason why the port is mainly focused for MIT
> Kerberos
> > >and not Heimdal?
> >
> > KRB5_IMPL=heimdail didn't help? If so, it'll be great if you
> fix this
> > and send a patch to the port maintainer.
>
> I'm personally not skilled enough to do it (well, not skilled...
> I just
> wouldn't know how) but I'd really like to see this use the
> Heimdal
> Kerberos provided in the base system.

My understanding is that the base systems builds pam_krb5 on
-STABLE.  Take a look at /usr/src/lib/libpam/modules/pam_krb5/*  If
MAKE_KERBEROS5 is set, the pam module should be built and
installed.  This port isn't necessary for the base system.  It
would only be necessary for the Heimdal or MIT ports.

Take care,

Jon