Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:27:29 -0500
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        witr@pobox.rwwa.com
Subject:   Re: Voxware is toast. Get used to it. (Re: Suggestions for improving newpcm performance?)

jkh@zippy.cdrom.com said:
:-> If the regular subscribers won't get 4.x until it's 4.1 and 4.0 is
:-> as stable as 3.4, then why weren't we even offered the same choice
:-> we had with the 2.2.8->3.0 transition (get them all - and 3.0 wasn't
:-> all that stable).  Is there a reason that 4.0 isn't being shipped as
:-> part of the regular stable sub?

:-You are offered the same choice; all you need to do is call Walnut
:-Creek CDROM (or email orders@cdrom.com) and indicate your preference.
:-Their current plan is based purely on what we expected the
:-*perception* out there to be, not reality.

Eh?  To paraphrase Blind Watermellon:  "Where it say that?"

I didn't get any mail (or email), and I don't see this information posted
on the web page or listed in the announcement...  I'll be kinda upset if
I don't the 4.0 CD set when I expect it via my subscription!

Please point all of us to the information.