Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:33:23 +0100
From:      Thomas Seyrat <thomas@glou.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with vaio FX301

Theo Pagtzis écrivait (wrote):
>   I am having serious problems with configuring xfree86 for my vaio
> FX301. Initially the problem cropped up with
> the error message
> module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (warp_saver, c0e496cc,0) error 19
> warp_saver: the console does not support M_VGA_CG320

  Maybe some problem with VESA modes on this model ? I wasn't able to
  make them work either (PCG-FX301).

> but I did not care much about the saver so I went straight to
> XF86Setup..
> This however freezes up my vaio to the point that needs a hard
> reboot..serious showstopper.

  Do you have the log file for X startup ?

> Anybody got any insight as to what is the problem with it?

  It's quite strange, because I've got a perfectly working X on my
  PCG-FX301 (1024x768 24 bits). This is the X I use :

XFree86 Version 3.3.6 / X Window System
Release Date: xx November 2000
Operating System: FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE i386 [ELF]
Configured drivers:
  Mach64: accelerated server for ATI Mach64 graphics adaptors (Patchlevel 1)

  and it uses the (**) Mach64: Mode "1024x768": mode clock =  65.000
  modeline.

  I did not try to use XFree4. Does anyone know if ATI Rage Mobility
  (based on Mach64) runs fine with XFree4 ?

--
Thomas Seyrat.