Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:45:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Antoine Beaupre <beaupran@IRO.UMontreal.CA>
To:        Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't record hifi audio on with sox on -stable

This is very likely it. If the DMA channel would be wrong I would get
something like "dma channel dead"...=20

I just never knew '0' was a valid drq. :)

And for the irq 9 setting, no beef. It's setup this way, and about the
only way I can set it up in my local irq civil war. ;)

A.

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Siegbert Baude wrote:

> Hello Antoine,
>=20
> > The sound card is a AWE32:
> > sbc0: <Creative SB AWE64> at port 0x220-0x22f,0x300-0x301,0x388-0x38b i=
rq
> > 9 drq 0,5 on isa0
> > pcm0: <SB DSP 4.16> on sbc0
> >=20
> > It's odd, however, that drq 0 thing... The system is a 4.1.1-stable dat=
ed
> > on 2000.10.17.
>=20
> drq is your DMA channel. 0,5 is AWE=B4s PnP suggestion for all cases, exc=
ept the
> standard one irq 5 drq 1,5. As your NIC is on irq 5, the PnP configuratio=
n will
> therefore choose irq 9 drq 0,5 for your AWE. There should be nothing wron=
g about
> it, but you can just try to reconfigure your NIC to irq 9, then your AWE =
should
> get the standard irq 5, drq 1,5 assigned.
> BTW, this will be exactly the same in other OSs, so if you can try if it =
works
> under Linux, Win, BeOS or something else, you can exclude hardware errors=
=2E
>=20
> Ciao
> Siegbert
>=20
> P.S.: I=B4m afraid I don=B4t have any sources here, to check recording fo=
r my AWE
> :-(
>=20

Si l'image donne l'illusion de savoir
C'est que l'adage pretend que pour croire,
L'important ne serait que de voir

Lofofora