Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:20:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3C589 problems (was: 4.0 code freeze scheduled for Jan 15th)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Frank Mayhar wrote:
> Interestingly, I rebuilt world with the latest pccardd changes and,
> suddenly, the 589D started working perfectly.  Unfortunately, the
> 574BT doesn't work at all now.  It appears to configure properly, but
> it doesn't transmit or receive.

Ok, I need the output of 'dmesg', 'ifconfig -a', your kernel config, and
'ident /sys/dev/ep/*'.

I suspect you'll find that the 574BT may be in the 'OACTIVE' state as
indicated in the flags section of ifconfig.

Please try tcpdumping on ep0 and on another box (using the MAC address of
the 574) and seeing if any traffic is visable.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |