Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 2016 04:56:19 +0000
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Karli_Sj=F6berg?= <karli.sjoberg@slu.se>
To:        Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS full system backup hoses the backup host.

Den 25 feb. 2016 9:58 em skrev Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble@gmail.com>:

> This violated POLA for me.  I backed up a host u

This violated POLA for me.  I backed up a host using:

time zfs send -vRI @backup-1-e zroot@backup-1-f | ssh backuphost "zfs
receive -vFud zroot/backup/host"

Only to find that the backup host (a week later) failed to reboot?  The
problem?  Well... -u on receive marks the filesystem as unmounted only
"right now" not "next reboot" and -R on send implies -p (send dataset
attributes) and...

... zroot/ROOT/default mountpoint=3D/ (among others).

The only hackish way to fix this I see is to have a list of mountpoints to
correct --- which is partially what I'm trying to avoid by using -R --- I
just want the whole thing backed up.

What have other people done to get around this and/or can we either put in
an "ignore properties" on receive flag or a -R on send that doesn't send
them?