Date:      Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:53:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        bsenthil@adventnet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: get/set ifconfig entries through by programmatically

In message: <46607E95.4030409@adventnet.com>
            bsenthil <bsenthil@adventnet.com> writes:
: Is it possible to get/set  ifconfig entries through by programmatically.
: If yes, please send me the code snippet ...
:
: I am trying to get/set ipaddress by executing the command "ifconfig" .

To get the addresses, use the ifconfig-in-a-box interface
getifaddrs(3).  To set the address, you'll need to use the functions
described in networking(4), specifically the SIOCAIFADDR and
SIOCDIFADDR ioctls.

Warner