Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 20:10:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        Ben Stuyts <ben@stuyts.nl>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp problem

> Sometimes I have a problem connecting to my ISP. It looks like an
> authentication problem, but I'm not sure. It shouldn't happen really, because
> usually the ppp connection comes up fine. Sometimes it keeps on failing
> however, and the only solution is to power cycle the modem. (a ZyXEL Elite
> 2864 ISDN) ATZ is not enough. It is a dial on demand connection, so it is
> really annoying that it sometimes won't work.

Dump your dumb Zyxel. They are so full of bugs that I'm wondering why you
don't notice them crawling on your table. And you even prove that yourself
with the statements above ("sometimes it keeps on failing and the only
solution is to power cycle the modem").

If putting the 2846I into the trashbin is not an option, I would strongly
suggest you check if there is a firmware update available.

Sorry for the bad tone in my message, but I've been bitten by Zyxel bugs
way too many times. And I've tried them all: Elite's, Omni's,
Prestiges....

Blaz Zupan, blaz@medinet.si, http://home.amis.net/blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia