Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 1996 14:21:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Esborn <nick@grayphics.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Current state of SMP support on FreeBSD

I've been following the list for a few months now.  I know that the SMP
kernel is alpha level at the moment.  I also know how long development
projects can take, even when you're not doing anything else. :)

I am basically wondering if anyone has any predictions on how long it
will be until this part of FreeBSD is release-ready.  I want to know how
long it looks like I'll be waiting.  I have been so happy with FreeBSD
that I have no interest in moving to a different platform for SMP, so
I will definitely wait.

Thanks.

Nick Esborn
Grayphics