Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:19:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: laptop serial problems

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, J McKitrick wrote:

> Once i am pretty sure the pccard modem is being recognized, how can i
> tell which serial port it matches up to?  I have tried cuaa0 and
> cuaa1, but neither gives me an OK when i try to send AT.
> Actually,they don't even echo the 'AT' command.

You should see a msg in your syslog or on the console from the kernel (in
brighter white) saying 'card sioX assing..' follwoed by a 'sioX: ..'
message confirming that it is configured by the kernel.

The 'X' is what you are after. (But you might have to run 'etc/MAKEDEV' to
make sure you have teh devices).

DW.