Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:33:23 +0100
From:      Robert Klein <RoKlein@roklein.de>
To:        Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>, sihem bouider <sihem05@yahoo.fr>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aidez moi c'est urgent

Hi,

/etc/mnttab contains information about devices that are _currently_
mounted.  The file to use is /etc/vfstab which contains the defaults
for each file system to use.

I don't know about the specifics right now, but the Solaris
documentation is available on http://docs.sun.com even in french.

BTW, man(1) is your friend, try "man mnttab", "man vfstab" and
"man mount" for some information.

Best regards,
Robert

> <rough translation>
> I have got to setup quotas on a mail server. I've read your article
> at: http://docs.freebsd.org/handbook/fr/4.3R/quotas.html and would
> like to know if this information would work on a machine running
> Solaris 8. In /etc I see no fstab but there is a file called mnttab
> where all the partitions are declared. If these are equivalent, can
> I put 'quota' instead of 'userquota'?
> </rough translation>
>
> With that in place, does anyone know anything about disk quotas on
> Solaris?
[french deleted]