Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:44:32 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (2) hey

Tony Finch wrote:

> Doug <Doug@gorean.org> wrote:
> >Louis A. Mamakos wrote:
> >>[lost attribution]

> >> And next I suppose you'll tell me that PTR records are not valid
> >> outsize of the IN-ADDR.ARPA portion of the DNS namespace?
> >
> > Given how PTR RR's are defined, I'd have to say, ayyup.
>
> I suggest you read RFC 2317

	I'd suggest you read what I actually wrote. :) Nothing in either RFC that
you quoted, or any of your examples contradicted my actual point, which was
that PTR records are not valid outside of in-addr.arpa name space. If you
believe they are, give valid working examples and explain their meaning,
since there currently is not a definition for their use outside of
in-addr.arpa.

Doug