Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 23:30:39 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        zielke@lcp.nrl.navy.mil
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "everything" vs "piecemeal" installations.

> As my network connection is somewhat unstable I have not been successful
> in having it stay available long enough to do a "everything" install, the
> question is if I select the options to install one by one the options
> in /stand/sysinstall will I get all that I would get with the "everything"
> option in the distributions menu?

You only need to select the "minimal installation" - everything else
can be added later. (I used to do this when I had a wobbly CDROM).

If you look in each of the directories under 'dists', they each have
an install script called 'install.sh' that you can run by hand, once
you've got all the .aa, .ab, ... files.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk