Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:54:28 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Chris <bsdnewbie@coolarrow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Websites inside jails - backing up

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 11:44:15AM -0600, Chris wrote:

> But what about when the site is within a jail? I notice I can get to /pat=
h/to/jail/path/to/htdocs, so can I similarly just copy the appropriate file=
s/directories for backup purposes? Or is there something magical about bein=
g "inside" the jail that makes this difficult or improper?

Your base environment will be able to access the contents of all of
your jails no problem.  Shouldn't be any problems making backups.  The
only possible problem I can think of that you might run into is if you
have UIDs in the jail(8) that don't exist in the base system, but
you'ld have to choose a pretty incompetent backup system if it
couldn't cope with that.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20