Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 2014 04:45:20 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?IkRhbmllbCBEdm/FmcOhayQi?= <daniel-dvorak@atlas.cz>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkgdb perl unknown modifier

Dne 25.12.2014 v 6:52 Mark Linimon napsal(a):
> What version of FreeBSD are you on?  This error can happen if you have
> certain versions that are no longer in support.
>
> mcl
Hi Mark,

it is 8.4-RELEASE-p19.

I found out something new to me in handbook:

When upgrading an existing system that originally used the older package
system, the database must be converted to the new format, so that the
new tools are aware of the already installed packages. Once pkg has been
installed, the package database must be converted from the traditional
format to the new format by running this command:

|#|  *|pkg2ng|*

      Note:

This step is not required for new installations that do not yet have any
third-party software installed.

Does it connect with my error somehow ?

Durring last freebsd-update there were not any info about new pkg db
generation.

I do not remember that I had to execute this command.

Best regards,

Daniel