Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 1997 12:39:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Majumba <olmajumb@pub.dn.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet, win95, freebsd, mail, etc..

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Majumba wrote:
> 1) How can one connect FreeBSD system with
> Win95 system via Ethernet. The connection must
> allow Win95 user to do telnet, ftp, http and all other
> things to the FreeBSD machine. Of course, it would
> be nice to have some file shares on the FreeBSD
> machine which could be accessed from Win95 machine.

Just setup TCP/IP networking on the W95 machine.  No mods
to FBSD required.

Samba will let you share FBSD filesystems with the 95 systems.
NFS is not included with the products from redmond.

> 	1) one 28800
> 	2) and one 9600
> We want all on-line/other work go through the 28800 channel
> and all smtp mail go through 9600 interface. At the moment

Hmm.  I'd use a Smarter Host entry in sendmail.cf and add a
static route to that host going through the 9600 connection.
Set the Smarter Host to your upstream's SMTP host.

> 3) This is one could seem a bit weird. In /var/log there is
> a file "mailstat" It has write permission set for the whole

I don't have a mailstat in any of my 2.2 system's /var/log
so this is either a log used by a program you've written
or one of the ports/packages I don't use.  I'd look into
home use first, see syslog.conf for help tracking it down.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com