Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 1996 17:43:19 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (Andrey A. Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Secure telnet duplicating: secure & eBones both...

=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= wrote:
> > Whatever happens, sno matter how many security features are in Secure Telne
t,
> > it will still require the Kerberos libraries.
>
> It NOT require Kerberos libraries, please look close into Makefiles.
> I see no reason again for moving it into eBones.

For crying out loud, Andrey - This was discussed quite seriously a long
while back. (And agreed upon)

Contrary to what you may think you see in the makefiles, The only form
of secure telnet we have right now is Kerberised Telnet. Set some of
those macros and see how far you get.

Right now there is RSA and SPX, Neither of which work and neither of
which are particularly standard (I speak under correction) as telnet
authenticators/encryptors.

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key