Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 1997 00:54:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      JKtheOWL@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting tip to work

Greetings,

I do not seem to be able to get any response out of my internal modem. It
works
fine under WIndows but no go with FreeBSD.  I have been over the
documentation
(online and on my system) until I no longer am sensible.

The modem is a Zoom 14.4 V.32bis and will work like a generic Hayes. It is
located on sio1 (COM2 - in DOSnik). Boot finds the port and reports its
location and irq number. I do get these funny little messages in root about
"events on sio1 with
no tp."  One of the errors (on running tip) is "all ports busy." These two
are related,
yes? The other error is "permission denied".

Which files need modification? And,what goes in them?  Help, please?

The question which is next, is how would I hook tip or whatever else to
Mosaic
to get to stop using DOS/Windows?

Thanks for the help.

Regards, John