Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:40:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Systems Manager <sysmgr@inlandnet.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/32127: Proliant 1600 kernel panics after SMP is added to the  kernel.

The following reply was made to PR i386/32127; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Systems Manager <sysmgr@inlandnet.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, calvin@insync.net
Subject: Re: i386/32127: Proliant 1600 kernel panics after SMP is added to the
 kernel.
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:37:08 -0800

 I hope I am not breaching any protocol by stepping in here. I have a
 similar situation except with a Proliant 1850r. Otherwise the same
 symptoms. It appears that Compaq messes around with the APIC tables
 depending on the OS being installed as confiugured with the Compaq
 System Configuration Utility. See the link below.

 http://www3.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?source=EU000726_CW01.xml&dt=3

 I had set my 1850r to "other" for the OS. It works fine now after
 changing it to "Linux". It may work with other OS configurations as well
 but I have not tried them. I am not sure what else these configurations
 affect but Linux seems a fair bet until Compaq adds FreeBSD to their
 menu.

 Hope this helps. Best regards.

 Respectfully,
 Greg Radzykewycz