Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:21:16 +0200
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@pompo.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recompiling QT for nvidia drivers

Le Jeu  3 avr 03 à 15:54:58 +0200, David Taylor <davidt@yadt.co.uk>
 écrivait :
> I'm running the nVidia drivers (using WITH_FREEBSD_AGP, else it appears to
> panic on startup, or possibly just freeze dead -- i can't see 'through'
> the splash screen to tell) and Qt-3.1.1_4/KDE-3.1, and KDE appears to work
> reasonably OK.  Unfortunately running kdm causes 'kde_greet' to start
> allocating as much RAM as it possibly can, as fast as it can...

I don't think that it is related to nVidia: I have this error on a
machine without  nVidia driver (with an error "swap_pager: out of swap
space" and then "swap_pager_getswapspace: failed"), and a lot of QT
errors:

kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol "init_keyboard_layout"
QSettings::sync: filename is null/empty
mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
kwin: X_SetInputFocus(0x2600004): BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
etc.

That should be fixed with KDE 3.1.1.
--
Th. Thomas.