Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 08:51:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        bh@synergy.transbay.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netgear Ethernet IC news

>  forwarded message below regarding Bay Networks' decision to stop using
>  the Digital chipset on their Netgear line of nics:

is there any way we can get technical information from Bay/NetGear about
the card. It appears from Donald Becker's Linux tulip driver that supports
this card, the ethernet chipset in the new NetGear card is made by Lite-On.
Lite-on's web page barely mentions that they make networking equipment, and
they have no technical information.

I can follow the changes in the Linux driver, but mapping that to FreeBSD's
if_de.c would require (for someone like me that does not know the intricate
details of the DEC 21x4x family) technical documentation.

--mark.