Date:      18 Mar 2002 18:09:41 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        chip.wiegand@simrad.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnome-session not to be found anywhere

--=-/F3UYg6mMTCDPmtd6KjQ

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 16:50, chip.wiegand@simrad.com wrote:
> I used sysinstall to install gnome-enlightenment and now cannot find the=20
> startup file.=20
> I believe it to gnome-session, but am not sure. I cannot find=20
> gnome-session anywhere.
> I then took a look at pkg_info and there was no mention of enlightenment=20
> anywhere on
> it. Gnome was there though. I followed the instructions in the handbook=20
> for installing=20
> Gnome to begin with. Any ideas what the startup file name is for the=20
> gnome-enlightenment
> package from sysinstall?

Not sure about Enlightenment, but GNOME is started using the
/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-session command.  This command is installed as part
of gnomecore.  Once GNOME is up and running, you can use the Control
Center to select Enlightenment as your window manager.

Joe

>=20
> --
> Chip Wiegand
> Computer Services
> Simrad, Inc
> www.simrad.com
> chip.wiegand@simrad.com
>=20
> "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
>      --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment=20
> Corporation, 1977
>  (They why do I have 7? Somebody help me!)

--=-/F3UYg6mMTCDPmtd6KjQ

--=-/F3UYg6mMTCDPmtd6KjQ--