Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 16:04:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jlrobins@zappa.cs.uncc.edu (James Robinson)
To:        bose@nfx.com (Ronen Bose)
Cc:        scouchma@commerce.imagenet.on.ca, TOTO@ifqsc.sc.usp.br, gfoster@gfoster.com, bde@zeta.org.au, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IOMEGA JAZ Drive.

I used /stand/sysinstall to label my disks -- here's the geometry that it
came up with:

sofa# disklabel /dev/rsd3e
# /dev/rsd3e:
type: SCSI
disk: sd3s1
label:
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 32
tracks/cylinder: 64
sectors/cylinder: 2048
cylinders: 1020
sectors/unit: 2090976
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # milliseconds
drivedata: 0

8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c:  2090976        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 1020*)
  e:  2090976        0    4.2BSD        0     0     0   # (Cyl.    0 - 1020*)

As you can see, I only wanted one partition on the disk.

You can either use /stand/sysinstall (carefully!), or can come up with
a /etc/disktab entry for the device and then use disklabel to label
your cartridge. If you do write a disktab entry, could you please send
it to me / us -- it would be good to have around :-).

James