Date:      Thu, 9 May 2002 12:57:50 -0400
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@freebsd.org>
To:        "Joseph Scott" <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The future of perl on FreeBSD

Because unless the user specifically doesn't want to install Perl, it *will* come with the
base install.  It just won't be built with world.  The thought is to install it as a port (pkg_add)
at install time.  They would have to go out of their way to *not* install it.   The sysadmin can do
something like this if they don't want Perl installed at all.

Patrick