Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2003 10:25:14 -0700
From:      "Paul J. White" <pjwhite@electrongate.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/i386 mp_machdep.c

I have been running with this patch for a couple of days now, and though I
did notice a small increase in speed (running seti@home), I have had two
complete system freezes so far.  The screen freezes, with no response to
keyboard, no response to telnet from another machine.  Prior to patching I
have not experienced this problem at all.

The machine is a dual Pentium Pro (200MHz) PR440FX, running 4.7-RELEASE.
I typically run two instances of setiathome, XFree86 4.2, and XScreensaver.

-- Paul White