Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 1995 16:36:06 -0700
From:      Matt Day <mday@artisoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for a good 16-port serial I/O card

Hi,

I plan on running a BBS / dial-in PPP server on a FreeBSD system next
month, so I'm looking for a good multiport serial I/O card to connect a
bunch of 28.8Kb USRobotics modems to.  I've read the supported hardware
list in the FAQ, but I still had a few questions:

	The Cyclades 8/16 port card is listed as "<Alpha>" in the FAQ.
	By looking at the -current source tree, I noticed considerable
	work has been done on the driver since 2.0.5 was released - will
	this driver be stable enough for general use by the 2.1 release?

	Is the alpha Digiboard driver usable?

	The only 16-port card not listed as alpha is the Boca card.
	Should I just go with Boca then?

Any recommendations and/or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt Day <mday@artisoft.com>

PS: Please respond directly to mday@artisoft.com, because I'm not
subscribed to the freebsd-questions list.  If there's interest, I can
post a summary of the responses I get.