Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:11:43 +0200
From:      Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   'nv' in RELENG_7 does not detect 7900GS

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

Hello,

so I just upgraded my desktop to RELENG_7 and suddenly the nv driver
is completely unable to detect the presence of my 7900GS. It acts
exactly as if the card was not in the machine. driver loads without
errors, but does not detect any devices.

I tried upgrading to the latest point release of the driver (as
available in ports), which did not help.

At least one guyon ##freebsd apparantly has the same problem.

Does anyone know what's going on? The lack of any kind of error means
I pretty much don't know where to look.

It could have been triggered by the Xorg upgrade rather than RELENG_7;
unfortunately I am not sure which X server I started when I started up
my desktop last.

--=20
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'