Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 18:40:05 -0800
From:      Ed Hudson <elh_fbsd@spnet.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        elh@gateway.spnet.com
Subject:   current worm info pointers

howdy.

        thanks much to mr. joerg wunsch, and the entire freebsd team, for
	continuing to make my favorite operating system better and better
	(i've written my first cd!)

	now i'm looking for pointers on finding information on current worm
	developement and applications (particularly audio read/write),
	or any other info than the handbook and worm.c

    worm kernel intallation question:

	to get my philips cdd2000 to be recognized as a worm
	whilst a "device cd0" is also present in the config file required
	that i reverse the cd/worm entries in scsiconf.c
	(this was done within a "make world system" of a top-of-cvsup
	build from 12/17/96 or so).

	is there a better way?

	thanks again for an excellent os,

		-elh