Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:22:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New syscons + XFree 3.3.3.1 = problem?

 > >but that doesn't happen any-
 > >more.  Instead, it uses the current one (i.e. if I'm on ttyv3
 > >and start X, it uses ttyv3).  Is this intentional, or is it a
 > >bug?

Oops...  I'm very sorry for the confusion...  it was all my
fault.  There were as many gettys configured in in /etc/ttys
as MAXCONS in the kernel, so XFree wasn't able to allocate an
unused vty, obviously.  Disabling one getty solved the problem.

Maybe this pitfall could be documented somewhere...  But then
again, maybe I'm the only one who's too dumb to get it right.
:-]

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)