Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:45:23 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Committers <cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject:   Re: Mandatory locking?

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 05:51:54PM -0400, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> > How 'bout "anyone who can kill the process holding the lock?"

On further reflection, I'd go even further: anyone who can set the
lock can break the lock.  Presumably if they know enough to explicitly
break the lock, then they know enough to know what they're doing.
This is more-or-less like a chmod("-w")....

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.