Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 09:54:44 +0700 (NOVST)
From:      Nickolay Dudorov <nnd@mail.nsk.ru>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make release problem

In <200005140234.TAA06797@mass.cdrom.com> Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org> wrote:

>> In trying to build "make release" today, I discovered that the
>> "vn" driver is required now to build the boot floppies.
>
> What do you mean "now"?  It's _always_ been required.
>
>> I would suggest that this driver be added to "GENERIC". For
>> what it's worth, I added the driver to my kernel, rebooted, and
>> completed the make release.
>
> vnconfig should just load the KLD; if this doesn't work, you can load it
> manually.  Rebuilding a kernel is not required (and shouldn't be).

	Some care must be taken when cross-building release -
f.e. building 4.0-STABLE on the CURRENT system. Loading the KLD by
vnconfig will use the newly build module in the chrooted environment
i.e. 4.0-STABLE module while the kernel is CURRENT. So the module must
be IN before to start 'make release'.

	N.Dudorov