Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 06:17:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Andrew Gould <andrewgould@yahoo.com>
To:        durham@jcdurham.com, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Mark Miller <joup@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: java in 4.5?

I'm not sure this will help much; but I couldn't get
my Yahoo email to work well using Konqueror until I
activated both both Java and Javascript.  When I
pointed Konqueror to the Java path, I used the jre
executable.  Everything I normally use on the internet
generally works now; but I don't surf much.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.4 Stable and jre-1.1.8. (I think
this is the Linux port.  It was installed prior to the
announcement regarding FreeBSD-native Java, in any
case).

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould