Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 00:58:57 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Eric I. Arnoth" <earnoth@UDel.Edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCCard and ethernet

In message <Pine.BSF.4.01.9902061057520.416-100000@conn75-185.conn.udel.edu> "Eric I. Arnoth" writes:
: I'm trying to run a 3Com 3c389D Etherlink III card in a Compaq Presario
: 1610 laptop, running PCCard support.  When I plug in my card, the kernel
: tells me that the card is detected, and it is loading the ep0 driver.

Two things to look at.  One, I've seen similar things with IRQ
conflicts.  Two, the ep drive will print a message about the ethernet
address of the card.  Do you get that message?

Warner