Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:09:09 -0500
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS from behind a firewall

"G. Jason Middleton" wrote:

> CAN I SET UP A DNS SERVER on a dead ip like 192.168.0.x and have it work
> behind a firewall?
>
> just wondering cause i have limited internet ip's (two)  and also can i
> run the DNS server on the same machine as the firewall?

sure, you'll just need to set up NAT and forward some ports...

Daniel Frazier  <dfrazier@magpage.com>   Tel:  302-239-5900 Ext. 231
Systems Administrator                     Fax:  302-239-3909
MAGPAGE, We Power the Internet           WWW:  http://www.magpage.com/

        - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.