Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2014 15:41:57 -0600
From:      Andrew Berg <aberg010@my.hennepintech.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Do I want to switch to the new pkg(8) format?

On 2014.12.26 15:26, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
> Of the 420 ports that I build, 91 are requested and no more than 15 of
> them are tweaked in the "make config" step. I haven't found a way to
> to configure pkgng to look at "repo local-A" before looking at "repo
> FreeBSD-global" so I pretty much build everything that I use in house.
There is a new not-yet-documented option with pkg 1.4.1 - CONSERVATIVE_UPGRADE.
If set to yes in pkg.conf, it will prefer the repo that initially installed a
given package. This solves a couple annoyances I've had with a multi-repo
setup. There is a priority property for repos as well (CONSERVATIVE_UPGRADE
prefers same repo -> priority -> any repo with a newer version), but this too
is not documented, and I do not know the details of it.