Date:      Thu, 20 May 2021 12:48:21 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>, FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Large builds with poudriere

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com wrote on
Thu May 20 19:21:24 UTC 2021 :

> You can greatly reduce the build-time for devel/llvm* by changing the
> config to BE_NATIVE to avoid building backends for all FreeBSD =
supported
> platforms. Obviously this is not acceptable for many cases, but if you
> never cross-compile for other platforms, it's a really big win.

Unfortunately, using something like (llvm10 is just one example,
llvm11 showed the same sort of problem at the time):

=
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options/devel_llvm10/options:_FILE_COMPLETE_OPT=
IONS_LIST=3DBE_AMDGPU CLANG DOCS EXTRAS LIT LLD LLDB LLD_LINK OPENMP =
PYCLANG BE_FREEBSD BE_NATIVE BE_STANDARD
=
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options/devel_llvm10/options:OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=3D=
BE_AMDGPU
=
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options/devel_llvm10/options:OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET=
+=3DBE_FREEBSD
=
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options/devel_llvm10/options:OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=3D=
BE_NATIVE
=
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options/devel_llvm10/options:OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET=
+=3DBE_STANDARD

does not work for all platforms/targets. On a Cortex-A57
this lead to:

Registered Targets:
  amdgcn - AMD GCN GPUs
  r600   - AMD GPUs HD2XXX-HD6XXX

In other words, aarch64 was missing. I had to pick
BE_STANDARD or BE_FREEBSD to get something that
would target aarch64 on aarch64.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com