Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 20:49:21 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Greenberg" <werdna@mucow.com>
To:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
Cc:        danh@gelatinous.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VPN? IPSEC? KAME? CIA?

At 11:34 AM +1100 9/7/00, Gregory Bond wrote:
>  > So what VPN solution are all the cool kids using
>>  in FreeBSD these days?
>
>See http://www.itga.com.au/~gnb/vpn/ for my continuing efforts to solve this
>problem.  I'm using ppp-over-ssh for FreeBSD-to-FreeBSD VPN.
>
>Work on a secure Windows PPTP-to-FreeBSD solution is progressing (slowly!
>Brian - Where's the MPPE patches for ppp? :)

Try mpd-netgraph in the ports collection for PPTP services.  This
seemed to work just fine in my limited experiments.

For earlier releases of FreeBSD that do not support netgraph, perhaps
the PoPToP/Slirp combo described below will suffice:

	http://www.serc.nl/people/vogt/vpn
--
Andrew C. Greenberg		acg@netwolves.com
V.P. Eng., R&D, 		813.885.2779 (office)