Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:08:11 -0600
From:      nathan <beemern@ksu.edu>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Upgrading to 4.0 FYI (RE Cvsup / Installworld Help)

i JUST upgraded my 3.4 system to 4.0 and i followed the instructions given
to me in the following email from Ruslan Ermilov.  maybe it'll help!
it was CC'd to -current list so didn't appear here... everything worked like
a charm for me.. although don't forget to remake all your devices after the
upgrade with something like the following maybe (courtesy Sean O'Connell) (

1) mv /dev /dev_3.4
2) mkdir /dev
3) cd /dev
4) cp /usr/src/etc/MAKEDEV .